Experience - Post~US Air Force
- IT Service Desk Associate - 2014 to Present
Receive inbound calls from internal Progressive employees and external Progressive agents regarding technical issues. Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution on a wide range of issues covering laptops, desktops, printers, system accounts, applications and network connections.
- Full Time Student & Freelance IT Professional - 2013 to 2014
JustAnswer.com and University of Maryland
Full time student at University of Maryland completing the final 13 classes towards Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Science. Also employed as a freelance IT professional performing computer and networking technical support online for JustAnswer.com.
Experience - US Air Force
- First Sergeant - 2008 to 2013
Advised four squadron commanders on discipline and welfare issues for 647 Airmen. Provided critical guidance to all levels of leadership on personnel program activities. Evaluated health, morale, welfare, family and quality of life issues affecting all assigned military personnel. Engaged to ensure commander's policies and directives were fair and equitable and understood by all Airmen.
- Air Force Element Superintendent - 2006 to 2008
Advised Command and Element commanders on status of unit morale, welfare, health, training, and discipline. Provided supervision, guidance and counseling on all aspects of military matters to 140 Air Force personnel. Assisted Element Commander in developing and implementing policies; provides guidance on training and professional development. Managed unit quality force, awards, recognition, and evaluation programs; reviewed all Enlisted Performance Reports and decorations.
- System Administrator and Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge (NCOIC) - 2005 to 2006
Managed three military personnel tasked with maintaining four different mission critical Unix-based intelligence imagery servers and their respective databases for Headquarters European Command Joint Analysis Center intelligence analysts. Oversaw 12 contractor personnel tasked with maintaining the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) imagery library. Acted as Government Point of Contact (GPOC) for the NGA library contract. Administered three classified Unix-based servers responsible for intelligence data storage and analysis.
- Network Administrator - 2000 to 2005
Sole administrator of a Windows NT/2000-based network of three servers and 73 workstations in support of the aircraft maintenance training mission of Detachment 5, 373d Training Squadron. Primary duties include hardware/software problem resolution, hardware/software inventory management, routine server back-ups, hardware/software installation, annual IT requirements planning, network security and performing IT hardware/software upgrades. Also maintain a Linux-based intranet web server.
- Information Systems Security Administrator - 1999 to 2000
Created, maintained and removed user accounts on a classified Unix-based intelligence data gathering and manipulation network within United States Strategic Command. Ensured user accounts were used according to National Security Agency and Department of Defense regulations. Created and maintained two Perl/Tk-based account maintenance tools to streamline work flow. Created and maintained an automated user account tracking tool using the Remedy Action Request system.
- Local Area Network Team Supervisor - 1996 to 1999
Assisted users of a 1200 node classified Unix-based intelligence data gathering and manipulation network within United States Strategic Command by identifying and resolving hardware and software problems. Shared responsibility for supervising 18 team members in support of this function. Also administered the Remedy Action Request System help desk software application and its dedicated server hardware.
- User Assistance Desk Specialist - 1995 to 1996
Assisted users of a vital Unix-based battle management network in identifying and resolving software and hardware problems in support of the mission of Headquarters, United States Forces Korea. Also developed and administered the classified USFK WWW site.
- Communications-Computer Systems Administrator - 1993 to 1995
Administered three key Unix-based air defense computer systems in support of Headquarters, First Air Force. Performed equipment and software upgrades, inventory control, and equipment and software troubleshooting on a variety of equipment to include Hewlett-Packard, Digital, and Sun servers and workstations.
- Communications-Computer Systems Operator - 1991 to 1993
Operated several high-level communications systems for Headquarters, First Air Force to include satellite and high frequency radios, Unix and Microsoft Windows-based computer workstations, and various cryptologic equipment. Also performed dozens of PC workstation equipment upgrades and repairs.
- Communications Center Operator - 1989 to 1991
Operated a multi-million dollar Sperry 4400 main frame computer system. Controlled batch processing jobs, prepared and loaded media, and distributed output to customers.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer and Information Science - University of Maryland - 2015
- Asscociate in Applied Science, Human Resource Management - Community College of the Air Force - 2009
- Associate of Arts, Information Technology Systems - Community College of the Air Force - 2004
Special Skills, Training and Awards
- Certified Esprit Overhead Projection Systems technician
- Successfully completed four Remedy Corporation help desk software training courses.
- Feature writer and editor for weekly newspaper The Voice (1995)
- Awarded one Defense Meritorious Service Medal, two Joint Commendation Medals, two Air Force Commendation medals
and two Air Force Achievement medals
- Attended numerous Air Force sponsored courses in communications, computers, leadership, and management
- Earned Certification in Linux Administration (General).
- Certified 4 Lenses Assessment Facilitator
References are available upon request