MY LINUX STUFF
Welcome to my small page of Linux stuff. This section of the web site is devoted to my notes and workings on and with Linux. I've been a Linux user since 1996 and have been totally M$ Windows free since 2002 (that's when I finally talked my wife into letting me switch her computer over). Over the years I have run several different distros but have currently settled on a modified version of Mythbuntu (see the Minimal Xubuntu entry below).
- Connecting to my 1TB Maxtor NAS with a Linux box.
- Converting and playing videos on a Palm...if you're so inclined.
- How I made a minimalist Linux OS and GUI only install.
Scripts and Apps
- iDevice Backup Extraction, a little info on how to pull things out of an iTunes backup including voicemails.
- A how-to on making PDF documents from a Windows computer using a Linux computer and Samba. In PDF format.
- My first experiment with Zenity - a GUI frontend to the ps2pdf tool.
- My second experiment with Zenity - a GUI frontend to mencoder that converts mov, wmv, and mpg to avi format.
The below items are links to older data that is probably not pertinent anymore with newer distros but which may come in handy to someone tinkering with or troubleshooting problems on older hardware.
- XF86Config for All-in-Wonder 128 - the XF86Config file I used on my CDS machine that had an ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video card.
- XF86Config for Diamond Stealth 64 - the XF86Config file I use on a spare self-built system. The card uses the S3 968 chipset.
- Linux On A 760LD - Info on how I got Linux running on a Thinkpad 760LD.
- Linux On A A31 - Info on how I got Linux running on a Thinkpad A31.
- Thinkpad Config File Repository - A collection of older XF86Config files for various Thinkpads.
- Linux on an i810 - An overview of my efforts at installing Linux on an i810 FlexATX based computer (aka the Borg Scout Server).
- Past Distros - Some thoughts on past Linux distrubutions I have used.